Why Visit Koh Lipe?
Koh Lipe is a Thai island paradise situated in the Andaman Sea, off the coast of northwestern Malaysia, known for its beautiful beaches and relaxed atmosphere. The high season runs from roughly October to June each year and Koh Lipe can be reached from Ko Lanta, Pak Bara, Koh Phi Phi, Trang, and Langkawi, Malaysia. However, during the low season which is from July to September, Koh Lipe can only be reached by speedboat from Pak Bara.
The three main beaches to visit are Sunset Beach (Hat Pramong), Pattaya Beach and Sunrise Beach (Hat Chao Ley). The islands can be covered on foot, but there are also motorcycle taxis that can take you around.
Travel to and from Koh Lipe
There are several routes and services between four principal harbours in Thailand and one Malaysian island.
Coming from the north part of the Andaman Sea, you can take the ferry from Phuket (Rassada Pier) or Krabi (Klong Jilad Pier), taking around 5 hours. Both routes continue to Koh Lanta island, and the direct line from there to Koh Lipe takes 3 hours. The third main connection route is from Trang (Hat Yao Pier) which takes 2 hours 15 minutes away from Koh Lipe passing through Koh Bulone.
Coming from the south of Thailand, catch a ferry from Pak Bara pier in Satun province. This takes 1.5 hours.
The Ferry from Kuah Jetty (Langkawi) to Koh Lipe (Bundhaya Beach) sails 3 times a day, and it has a sailing time from 30 minutes.
Some of the destinations and time to reach them are as follows, although there are many others that can be searched for through our site:
To Koh Lipe
- Koh Laoliang — Koh Lipe 1h30
- Koh Bulone — Koh Lipe Platform 45m
- Phuket, Rassada Pier (9 Stops) — Koh Lipe Platform 7h
- Phuket, Ao Po Pier (12 Stops) — Koh Lipe Platform 7h
- Langkawi, Kuah Jetty — Koh Lipe 1h
- Khaolak, Phang-nga — Koh Lipe (Via Klong Jilad Pier) 7h
Departing from Koh Lipe
- Koh Lipe Platform — Phuket, Rassada Pier (2 Stops) 4h45
- Koh Lipe Platform — Phuket, Rassada Pier (9 Stops) 7h
- Koh Lipe Platform — Phuket, Ao Po Pier (5 Stops) 5h30
- Koh Lipe Platform — Krabi Klong Jilad Pier (2 Stops) 4h30
- Koh Lipe Platform — Langkawi, Malaysia, Kuah Jetty 2h30